I am using a chest-worn heart rate monitor
The app can’t find my sensor:
If you receive a message that the app can’t find your sensor, follow the steps below:
A) Check that the monitor is placed correctly:
- The belt monitor should be placed tightly but comfortably just below your chest muscles. The sensor should be just above your solar plexus, against a soft tissue (not on the ribs). The chest belt should be firmly against your skin, and the connector should be in a central and upright position.
- Make sure the monitor strap is kept clean.
B) Re-set the Bluetooth connection:
Turn Bluetooth off from your mobile phone settings and close the WakeMode app. Turn Bluetooth back on and re-open the app. An alternative is to restart your phone or tablet to start from a clean slate.
You do not need to connect the heart rate monitor through the phone, the app will connect on its own.
C) Contact us if the problem continues and please include which heart rate monitor you are using.
I am using an Apple Watch
Do I have to wear my Apple Watch at night to be able to track my sleep?
No, you don’t need to wear your Apple Watch in order to track your sleep, but if you would like to see additional data in you Sleep Data, you should wear it when you sleep.
- I can’t find the WakeMode app on my watch. What should I do?
A) Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
B) Find WakeMode in the app list inside the Apple Watch app.
C) Turn ‘on’ the switch to ‘Show App on Apple Watch’.
D) If the switch is already ‘on’, turn it off and back on again.
- Does the WakeMode app drain my watch battery while I track my sleep?
No, the WakeMode app uses0%of your battery during your sleep tracking session, so you don’t need to worry about WakeMode draining your battery.
- Can I turn Bluetooth off during the night?
Sure, you can disconnect Bluetooth after clicking ‘Start Tracking’ and keep it off throughout the night. Remember to reconnect it before clicking ‘Stop’ at wake-up time. Your sleep data will be transferred right after you stop tracking.
- Can I track my sleep while the watch is on Airplane Mode?
Yes, you can turn on Airplane Mode after clicking ‘Start Tracking’ and keep it on throughout the night. Remember to turn it off before clicking ‘Stop’ at wake-up time. Your sleep data will be transferred right after you stop tracking.
Messages and Permissions:
- I am seeing a “Missing Permission” message on my watch. What should I do?
A) Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
B) Open the ‘Privacy’ options.
C) Open ‘Motion & Fitness’ settings.
D) Grant WakeMode permission by turning the switch on.
- Why am I being asked for the heart rate permission on Apple Health?
WakeMode uses the heart rate permission on Apple Health in order to provide a reliable data channel from the watch to the iPhone at wake-up time.
- The “Transfer in Progress” message is displayed on my watch for a long time. What should I do?
Leave your watch in foreground mode as long as possible and don’t let it go to sleep, in order for the transfer session to be completed. Once the transfer is completed the message will disappear.
I am using an Android Wear Watch
The app isn’t displaying my heart rate data:
If in the morning you receive your Sleep Data without heart rate information collected by your watch, follow the steps below:
- A) Check that Bluetooth is turned on in your phone settings.
B) Confirm your watch is on.
If your watch turned off during the night, it is recommended to set it to ‘Theater Mode’ in order to save power while tracking in future nights.
C) Make sure the watch is in close proximity to the phone to allow data transfer.
I am using the contact-free sensor
The sensor does not connect / I am asked for a PIN:
To successfully connect the contact-free sensor, follow the steps below:
- A) Turn off Bluetooth and restart your phone.
- B) Unplug the sensor for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. Check that a green light turns on at the top of the sensor.
- C) Make sure there are no other mobile devices, Bluetooth devices or wireless electronics around. Then, turn Bluetooth back on in your phone settings.
The phone should not connect to any device. If the phone scans for devices or you are asked for a PIN, click Cancel.
- D) Launch the WakeMode app, and follow the steps to track your sleep. The app will search for the sensor and connect after you answer the evening questions.
The app can’t detect my heart rate:
If in the morning after tracking your sleep, you receive a message that the app wasn’t able to detect your heart rate, follow the steps below:
- A) Check the sensor is placed correctly:
Position the sensor directly under the mattress, with the green light facing up, about 7 inches from your side of the bed, roughly underneath where your shoulders would be.
- B) Make sure there are no other mobile devices, Bluetooth devices or wireless electronics around.
- C) Contact us if the problem continues.